Our Client Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC) is a company duly incorporated and registered in terms of the laws of Zimbabwe. ZBC is in the business of broadcasting and owns ZBCTV and six radio stations. We have been retained by ZBC to source for a suitable candidate to fill in the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) which is currently vacant. The job exists to lead the development and execution of the Corporation’s long-term strategy with a view to creating shareholder value by being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Corporation’s long and short term plans.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Board, the incumbent will be responsible for the following among others:
- Providing strategic, financial and operational leadership for the Corporation in close liaison with the Board of Directors and government;
- Increasing market share and continually improving profitability and service delivery in broadcast-ing;
- Expanding the range of programs and services by introducing new technologies and broadcasting platforms;
- Ensuring proper corporate governance, statutory and legal compliance throughout the Corporation;
- Identification and mitigation of risks across all business operations;
- Creating a sustainable business model for the national broadcaster;
- Building strong business relationships with key external stakeholders including government, suppliers and potential investors;
- Setting and modelling the business culture and values;
- Instituting effective systems, processes and policies to enhance profitability;
- Ensuring that the organization maintains high standards of corporate social responsibility;
- Overseeing the Corporation’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Broadcasting Engineering/ Journalism/ Media Studies and Communication/Finance/ Business Studies /Economics/ Social Sciences.
- Masters of Business Administration/ Masters of Business Leadership/Masters of Strategic Manage-ment/ Masters of International Relations.
- A minimum of 7 years’ similar work experience, 5 years of which should have been at a senior mana¬gerial level preferably in the Mass Media and Broadcasting Industry.
Candidates with journalism expertise will be highly considered.
- Impeccable integrity, leadership and people management skills.
- Critical thinker and turnaround strategist with proven track record.
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills.