parly meeting.jpgA heated debate ensued in the senate over who is responsible for the politically motivated violence that has claimed one person in Harare’s Mbare suburb.

Despite overwhelming evidence presented by police that the MDC-T has been the perpetrator of most incidences of politically motivated disturbances that occurred in the country in the previous weeks, MDC-T Senator, Morgan Komichi accused the police and President Robert Mugabe of inciting violence when he moved a motion on violence in the august house.

This forced the President of the Senate, Cde Edna Madzongwe to lecture Senator Komichi and warned him to withdraw his statement of attacking the Head of State and Government and Commander-in-Chief of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces, President Robert Mugabe.

However, Komichi will not be repentant as he continued attacking the country’s security forces.

Zanu-PF Senator, Cde Monica Mutsvangwa and other Zanu-PF Senators did not take Komichi’s accusations kindly, asking him to prove how the security forces have always failed to perform their duties while counter-accusing the MDC-T of being the brains behind most cases of violence.

MDC-T has a history of violence with its climax being the ill-fated call for a final push that was meant to remove the establishment through violent means.

Meanwhile, political analysts say the wave of violence in which the MDC-T has been implicated is a political gimmick meant to lure funds from the donor community.  

Ambassador Chris Mutsvangwa and Mr Robert Sikanyika say the MDC-T thrives on ordinary people’s suffering, which gives them opportunities to hoodwink western donors into releasing funds.

“All this violence is a MDC-T gimmick meant to cause disorder in the country while at the same time portraying the party as a victim so as to get money from donors,” Ambassador Mutsvangwa said.

Mr Gabriel Chaibva said the MDC-T is using violence as its formula to boycott elections when ironically they were the first to call for them.

Concern was raised a week ago when MDC-T supporters went on a campaign of violence just before the EU reviewed their illegal sanctions on Zimbabwe, which they went on to extend by a further one year.