Lectures at the National University of Science and Technology (NUST) resumed in earnest this Tuesday (today), ending a month long impasse between the University Council and the NUST Educators Association (NUSTEDA).

Business returned to normal at NUST following a withdrawal of a memorandum that required lecturers to teach three courses as opposed to two.

NUST director -marketing and communications Mr Felix Moyo said the lecturers’ strike ultimately resulted in students showing their disgruntlement by causing a shutdown at the institution.

The university’s students’ representative Mr Pablo Chimusoro said the latest developments have brought relief to students who were bearing the brunt as a result of the impasse.

For the past three years, NUSTEDA and the University Council have been having an on and off relationship with regards to the educators benefits and lecturers are now pinning their hopes for a lasting solution on the new Vice Chancellor of the institution Professor Mqhele Dlodlo who assumed the position last week.