super-eagles.jpgThe Nigerian government has reversed its decision to ban their national football team from all competitions.

 

The news came an hour before a deadline set by the football world governing body, FIFA, for Nigeria to give an official announcement on its position.

 

 

FIFA had said that it would expel Nigeria from world football if the government was seen to be interfering.

 

Last week Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, had announced that they would be banning their national team from world football for the next two years after a poor showing at this year’s World Cup.

 

On Sunday, the Nigerian Football Federation’s (NFF) top two officials were sacked in a bid to appease the president.

 

However, the sackings did not sway the president’s decision.

 

President Jonathan had said that the ban was necessary to enable the country to focus on improving its football performance.