A school in northeast Nigeria where 110 girls disappeared after a Boko Haram attack will remain closed, the government said this Monday, calling for tighter security.

Education commissioner for Yobe State, Mohammed Lamin said Boko Haram fighters stormed the government Girls’ Science and Technology College in Dapchi, 100 km northwest of the Yobe State capital, Damaturu, last week.

The attack revived painful memories of a similar attack on another boarding school in Chibok, in neighbouring Borno State, in April 2014, in which more than 200 girls were kidnapped.

-BBC