Two classroom blocks at Hartzel High School in Manicaland province have been gutted by fire, destroying furniture in the classrooms.

The fire broke out early this Saturday morning and is suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault in the basement of the building.

Fire fighters from the Fire Brigade managed to extinguish the fire before it spread to surrounding blocks although they indicated that they faced water challenges while extinguishing the fire.

Fire fighters team leader, Mr Llyod Mujaho said they received a call from the staff at the school and by the time they arrived the fire had destroyed two classroom blocks but they eventually put out the fire despite the water challenges they faced.