Medical charity, MSF, says it does not believe forced hospitalisation is the answer to controlling Democratic Republic of Congo’s Ebola outbreak after three patients left an isolation zone against advice.
According to the charity, the first patient, who was about to be discharged, left on Sunday, while two others were helped to leave by family members overnight on Monday.
One later died at home while the other one died after he was returned to hospital with the third one still in hospital.
In a statement, MSF said patient adherence was critical to stopping the deadly disease in its tracks.
The World Health Organisation says 58 cases of Ebola have been recorded since the outbreak was declared on 8 May in DRC, with 27 deaths so far, and three deaths being confirmed as Ebola related.