dynamos celebrate 18-08-10.jpgDynamos reduced Motor Action’s lead at the summit of the premiership standings to just a point after beating FC Victoria 1-nil in a game at Rufaro stadium this afternoon.


Playing before an ever dwindling crowd despite a reduction in gate charges, Dynamos was on the front foot in early exchanges but were let down by poor finishing.

However, FC Victoria almost took a surprise lead after a defensive mix up by DeMbare resulted in the visitors’striker Lameck Nhamo shooting into the hands of Washington Arubi in goals for the Glamour Boys.


Dynamos were however given an opportunity to break the deadlock in the 25th minute when match referee, Ruzive Ruzive pointed to the spot after an impressive Eddie Mashiri was adjudged to have been brought down in the penalty area after running rings round the FC Victoria defence.


Guthrie Zhokinyu converted the resultant spot kick sending FC Victoria goalkeeper Dzingai Murinye the wrong way.


Dynamos was unlucky not to extend it’s lead in the 48th minute when Eddie Mashiri eliminated his markers before shooting narrowly wide.


DeMbare failed to add to the score sheet in second half action, which saw Francis Mandiwanzira and Lloyd Hlahla both failing to provide meaningful contributions in Harare giants’ attack.
Though dissappointed with his team’s poor finishing, the DeMbare mentor, Elvis Chiweshe was delighted by the result.


“I’m very happy with the result but as I always say these small teams are a problem.


“The team [FC Victoria] played well and I am not happy with the way we scored.


“I was expecting us to have scored at least three goals in the first half,” said Chiweshe.


The FC Victoria coach, Wilson Chinosengwa was bitter with what he deemed as poor officiating.


“We played well but Dynamos was helped by the referee, he gave them a penalty and he denied us one,” said Chinosengwa.


DeMbare’s victory places them just a point behind log leaders Motor Action as the battle for glory in the domestic premiership intensifies.