akon.jpgOrganisers of the Akon Live in Concert, Zimswag have confirmed that the R‘n’B superstar, Akon’s show is on and that dancehall king Sean Paul will take part in the star-studded show scheduled for September 4, in Harare.

 

Speaking during a media briefing in Harare, ZimSwag Chief Executive Officer, Tendai Mupfurutsa said contracts for the two artists have been signed and part payments made.

“We are happy to announce that Akon and Sean Paul are coming and we are concerned that some sections of the media are publishing falsehoods that the musicians are no longer coming,” said Mupfurutsa.

Minister of Youth Development, Indigenisation and Empowerment, Cde Saviour Kasukuwere said the coming of Akon should inspire local youths.

“Our youths must learn positive things from Akon, who have since reconciled after spending some time in jail.”

“This development is very good for the country and the artists should brace themselves for a hospitable welcome,” said Cde Kasukuwere.

Meanwhile, questions have been raised over whether Zimbabwe Tourism Authority’s crowning of international musicians has yielded any results so far.